- This event has passed.
Nullify Now NC
October 19, 2013 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Libertarian Party of North Carolina is a sponsor of Nullify Now NC conference.
Tom Woods, Best-selling author of the book “Nullification” will be giving the keynote speech. Woods is a senior fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and creator of Tom Woods’s Liberty Classroom.
Woods has appeared on CNBC, MSNBC, FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, C-SPAN, and Bloomberg Television, among other outlets, and has been a guest on hundreds of radio programs, including National Public Radio, the Dennis Miller Show, the Michael Reagan Show, the Dennis Prager Show, and the Michael Medved Show.
He is a regular fill-in host on The Peter Schiff Show.
Woods is the author of eleven books, most recently “Rollback: Repealing Big Government Before the Coming Fiscal Collapse” and “Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century.”
In his presentation, you’ll learn why nullification isn’t some dusty relic. It is, in fact, the blueprint and path forward for those who love liberty.
Since September 2010, the Tenth Amendment Center has been hosting events around the country to educate and activate people on the topic of Nullification. At a Nullify Now! event, you learn nullification’s constitutional basis and when it has been used in history – plus much more.
At Nullify Now you will learn:
1. The Constitutional history of Nullification. Jefferson and Madison’s basis for states rejecting, nullifying and interposing against unconstitutional federal acts.
2. How Nullification was used in early American history - against attacks on freedom of speech and more.
3. Nullification vs Slavery. The mainstream wants you to believe that Nullification was used to support slavery. This is either ignorance or a lie. Hear the heroic story of nullification being used to reject federal slave laws in the 1850s.
4. How Nullification is being used today. right now, across the country, dozens of states are implementing nullification bills. They’ve already been very successful pushing back against the feds and you can use this lesson as a blueprint in your own state, on issues important to you.
5. About Nullification as a Tool for Protecting Liberty. Nullification is a powerful tool to protect your right to keep and bear arms, stop “indefinite detention,” protect your health freedom – and more. You’ll learn about model legislation that can be used on a state OR local level – and effective methods to get nullification bills passed.
6. What YOU can do right now – you won’t leave Nullify Now! with just a bunch of great information. You’ll also be provided with a practical, actionable plan to do something today. The time to act is now, not next year and not next week. Today, not tomorrow, now.
Go to Nullify Now for tickets.